Sunday 23 January 2011

Selections & news for Sunday 23rd Jan 2011

One selection today:
Kempton 415 ESEEJ
 
Further to my mention of a review of the trial selections something has come to light. It appears that a key part of the external data I collate prior to analysing potential selections has changed, in as much as the way the data is collated and presented. This change has had an impact upon my analysis, as in its current changed form, it over emphasises certain key elements. The good news is that I have managed to work around this. Please be clear that I'm not changing the way I work. I will continue to identify selections as I always have - what I will do now, is identify the selections that are impacted by the data change with an asterisk, so we can all keep an eye on things. Once I have sent tonights update to trial list members I will also send a revised update that identifies and discounts the asterisked selections.
 
Looking back into December, it appears that the data change occurred early on in the month, but that the impact was masked as a result of the significant number of meetings lost due to the very bad weather. Had the data change been communicated at the time, I wouldn't have started the trial on Jan 1st. As we've been a little de-railed by this, I intend to extend the trial until the end of the Cheltenham Festival meeting, Friday 18th March 2011.
 
I will update the blog with results every day and send a summary e-mail to the trial distribution list on a Sunday evening.
 
In the event that any blog-watchers want a copy of the weekly or revised update lists please e-mail me on waalays@hotmail.co.uk
 

No comments:

Post a Comment